Terms and Conditions of Purchase
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases made from Folding caravans 123. We hope they are clear, but please don’t hesitate to ask us if you need anything clarified.
1.Where the motorhome/caravan and goods (herein collectively referred to as “the goods”) to be supplied are to be ordered from the Manufacturer and/or described in the manufacturers List or Catalogue the Seller undertakes to assist the Purchaser in obtaining from the Manufacturer the benefit or any warranty of guarantee given by such Manufacturer in respect of the goods.
2.Where the agreement is for the purchase of goods to be ordered from any Manufacturer, the Seller will use his best endeavours to deliver by such date as may be desired by the Purchaser, but he does not guarantee time of delivery, and the Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery howsoever caused.
3. In the event of the Manufacturer of the motorhome/caravan above described ceasing to make a motorhome of the type ordered by the Seller, the Seller shall be at liberty to return the deposit to the Purchaser and to cancel this agreement without further liability on his part.
4. Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the purchase price to be satisfied by the Purchaser delivering a used motorhome in part exchange, the used motorhome shall be delivered to and accepted by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
a) that the used motorhome/caravan shall be delivered to the Seller in the same condition as described by the Purchaser at the time of the order (subject only to fair wear and tear): and
b) that either (i) the used motorhome/caravan is the absolute property of the Purchaser and free from any Hire Purchase Agreement or other legal encumbrance whatsoever, or (ii) the used motorhome/caravan is the subject of the Hire Purchase or Credit Sale agreement capable of assignment by the Purchaser and of cash settlement by the Seller, and in such a case the amount of the purchase price allowed by the Seller in respect thereof shall be reduced by the amount paid in settlement by the Seller.
5. In the event of a used motorhome/caravan being taken in part exchange for the goods the Seller may forthwith proceed to dispose of such used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange, provided that the Seller shall use reasonable efforts to obtain best price. The agreed allowance in respect of such used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange shall not necessarily be the cash price and in the event of the used motorhome/caravan being sold prior to the delivery date of the goods and in the event either that the goods are not delivered or for some reason as stated in this contract the order is cancelled the sum to be paid by the Seller to the Purchaser in respect of the used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange and so sold as aforesaid shall not be more than the price at which the used motorhome was sold.
6. The Purchaser shall pay the Seller the balance of the purchase price of the goods before delivery. Delivery will not take place before the date indicated on the order form unless an earlier delivery date is agreed.
7. If the Purchaser shall fail unlawfully to take delivery of the goods or to perform any essential obligations under this agreement, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the agreement as repudiated and thereupon:
a) The deposit shall be forfeited. Unless specifically detailed in writing on the order, the Purchaser’s liability will not exceed the full value of the deposit.
b) The Seller shall be entitled to dispose of the goods as he may think fit and shall not be under any liability to account to the Purchaser for the price received therefore.
8. Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be deemed to have been duly served if sent by Recorded Delivery to the Purchaser’s last known address in the Seller’s possession
and subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
9. The terms of this agreement do not affect any of the Purchaser’s statutory rights as a consumer, which cannot be excluded by this agreement. For more information on these statutory rights contact a local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
10. The motorhome/caravan is sold for holiday and recreational purposes only i.e. the home must not be used as a permanent residence.
11. Distance and Off Premises Contracts And Cancellation Policy
a) In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if the Customer as a private consumer has (1) entered into this contract prior to a face-to-face meeting with or (2) the contract is agreed face-to-face with UK campers ltd in a place that is uk campers ltd business premises or (3) the Customer places an order during a face-to-face meeting with UK campers ltd that happens in a place that is not not uk campers ltd’s or (4) the contract is entered into on uk campers ltd’s business premises or through any means of distance communication immediately after a face-to-face meeting between UK campers ltd and the Customer in a place that is not uk campers ltd’s business premises, then the Customer may cancel the contract without giving any reason up to 14 days after the day upon which the Customer (or anyone on the Customer’s behalf) takes possession of the Goods.
b) In order to exercise the right to cancel the Customer must provide UK campers ltd with a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). The statement should be sent to UK campers ltdusing the contact details contained within the order form within the 14 day cancellation period.
c) On cancellation UK campers ltd will reimburse the Customer all payments received from the Customer excluding a charge of 10% of the purchase price, less any damage incurred from the date of collection.
d) Subject to clause 11(e) below on cancellation the Customer shall return the Goods to UK campers ltd without undue delay and in any event not later than 5 days after the day on which the Customer advises UK campers ltd of the cancellation, at the Customer’s cost. If the Customer fails to return the Goods, UK campers ltd may make a charge for the cost of recovering the Goods from the Customer, this is likely to cost a minimum of £250 and UK campers ltd may deduct this charge from any sum that UK campers ltd must reimburse to the Customer.
e) UK campers ltd will reimburse the Customer using the same means of payment as the Customer used (unless otherwise agreed) without undue delay and in any event within 14 days after UK campers ltd received the Goods back or, if earlier, 14 days after the day on which the Customer provides evidence that the Goods have been sent back.
f) On cancellation any related credit agreement or other ancillary contract will be cancelled. If the cancelled contract involved a part-exchange UK campers ltdwill at uk campers ltd’s discretion either return the part-exchange or pay the agreed part-exchange value (after deduction of the sums paid by UK campers ltd in accordance with clause 4(a) and 5 to settle any finance or other interests affecting the part-exchange vehicle) to the Customer. If the amount paid to settle any finance or other interest exceeds the part-exchange value of the Goods the Customer shall immediately reimburse UK campers ltd on demand.
g) If the value of the Goods is diminished because of the Customer handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods, UK campers ltd may recover that amount from the Customer and UK campers ltd can deduct it from the reimbursement provided for under clause 11(c) of these Terms and Conditions. UK campers ltd will normally view any alteration, modification or personalisation of the Goods or driving for in excess of 100 miles as going beyond what is necessary to establish to nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
h) If the Goods are made to the Customer’s specifications or clearly personalised then the Customer does not have the right to cancel the contract.
12. Hire Purchase Option: It is further agreed:
a) that the Purchaser shall have the option (subject to his being accepted by the Hire Purchase Company) to hire the said motorhome under the terms of a Hire Purchase Agreement to be entered into with a Hire Purchase Company of repute nominated by the Seller, and
b) that in the event of this said option being exercised: The terms and conditions above shall be read and construed as though the word “Trade” was substituted for the word “Seller” and the word “Hirer” for the word “Purchaser” wherever the said words occur therein and as though the first paragraph of condition 6 were deleted and there were instead the words “Except as herein before provided the Hirer shall before delivery of the goods sign the Hire Purchase Agreement”.
Folding caravans 123 is a trading name of Uk Campers ltd co reg no 11249359 registered addres is kemp house 160 city road united kingdom EC1V2NX